From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:56 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Slab on grade Crack repairs

In a message dated 3/6/2003 12:55:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, enajjarine(--nospam--at)permasteelisausa.com writes:

Soliciting information over the internet along with comprehensive research on the subject (ACI 224.1R, and other available technical letters on the subject) is very effective, and can provide the necessary information on any subject. We can't simply limit ourselves to what we know best.

I would have to disagree with just about all of the above.  This is a sizeable difference between "not limiting ourselves to what we know best"  and "making recommendations we are unqualified to make".

I would also note that ACI 224.1 (written in the early 90s) is not really considered "state of the art".  It is, however, a good reference for someone knows very little about concrete repair.

Gail S. Kelley