From: ADC Engineering [mailto:adcengineering(--nospam--at)carolina.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:31 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: auger cast piles

I am working on the reinforcement design for axially, and laterally loaded
auger cast piles, and am having difficulties understanding IBC section
1809.3.1. This section is entitled "allowable stress", does this mean that
auger cast piles should be designed using ASD as opposed to LRFD? Does
anyone have a good reference from ACI or other regarding the material design
(not Geotechnical design) of auger cast piles?
Thanks in advance,
James B. Jones Jr., P.E.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org