Re: Residential Cantilevered Retaining Walls.

I design it as a cantilevered wall but check it as restrained to place steel in the face of the wall. I specify the backfill be placed prior to construction of the framing to insure stability of the canitlevered wall and allow it to achieve it's deflection. The rebar in the face of the wall is just for the "in-case" situation and there is no need for the restraint tie at the top of the wall.
S.Macie, P.E.
SLO, CA