Re: auger cast piles

1809.3.5 refers 1616. The third paragraph of 1616.1 is about ASD, which is about
soil-structure interaction and so on, not about the structure. In other word,
rest of the section is about LRFD. therefore, the structure needs to be design
based on LRFD.

I hope my interpretation is correct.

Chung-Soo Doo

ADC Engineering wrote:

> How do you get the requirement for LRFD out of 1809.3.5?
>
> Thanks,
> James B. Jones Jr., P.E.

begin:vcard
n:Doo;Chung-Soo
tel;fax:415-781-2718
tel;work:415-781-1505
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:cdoo(--nospam--at)sdesf.com
fn:Chung-Soo Doo, Ph.D.
end:vcard