Re: Aerated concrete block

Look up RASTRA on the internet. It is a system much like you are asking about.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:23:12 -0500 "jccpc" <jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com> writes:
A local contractor has proposed constructing a new home using 8 inch aerated concrete block. The basement would use standard CMU, and the second floor would be wood framed. Is anyone familiar with this material? Concerns I have include method of installation, corrosion protection and efficiency of reinforcement; contractor lack of familiarity with the material (I am not aware of any buildings constructed near this area using aerated concrete block); durability in harsh freeze/thaw conditions; interfacing with other materials; and, a host of other normal construction details.

Thanks.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
Pennington, NJ