From: Szuchuan Chang [mailto:szchang(--nospam--at)pacbell.net]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 3:27 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Resize (Reduce) Pictures, Bitmap, Meta, or JEPG files

Hi,

When I try to paste pictures (files) such as bitmap, meta, JEPG files, I
have often find the size of file way too large to fit into Mathcad
page.  And the file sizes increases drastically even for the files that
allows me to shrink it down.

Is there a reasonably priced software that can reduce (shrink) the size of
file (like reduce resolutions) after the picture is digitized or
scaned?  It is time consuming to retake the picture or re-scan the diagram.

Following utilities are available in my computer:

Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.1
Microsoft Photo Editor 3.01
Microsoft Paint version 5.0
Mathcad 2001 Professional
Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, excel, etc)

They are all so complicated, to know if it has that capacity!

Thanks

Szuchuan