Resize (Reduce) Pictures, Bitmap, Meta,

Szuchuan,

Shareware:  I have used the DOS versions of both of these, although I prefer
CompuShow better than GWS.

CompuShow <www.cshowplace.com>

Graphic WorkShop <www.mindworkshop.com>

Commercial:

Paint Shop Pro <www.jasc.com> I bought mine (version 7) for $80.00 but now
see it on sale for less than $50.  Paint Shop Pro 8 (Beta) can be
downloaded from the web site and a trial version of Paint Shop Pro 7 can
also be downloaded (try before you buy -- that's a good sign).  This program
was highly recommended to me by a non-engineering colleague as much better
than graphics programs that cost hundreds of dollars, however, I have not
used it yet.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

. > Hi,

. > When I try to paste pictures (files) such as bitmap, meta, JEPG files, I
. > have often find the size of file way too large to fit into Mathcad
. > page.  And the file sizes increases drastically even for the files that
. > allows me to shrink it down.

. > Is there a reasonably priced software that can reduce (shrink) the size
. > of file (like reduce resolutions) after the picture is digitized or
. > scaned?  It is time consuming to retake the picture or re-scan the
. > diagram.

. > Following utilities are available in my computer:

. > Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.1
. > Microsoft Photo Editor 3.01
. > Microsoft Paint version 5.0
. > Mathcad 2001 Professional
. > Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, excel, etc)

. > They are all so complicated, to know if it has that capacity!

. > Thanks

. > Szuchuan