Dry stack masonry

List,

I have a client who has asked me to look into a dry-stack masonry system
that is being promoted in the southern U.S. (Arkansas) that has a
dry-stack insulated masonry.  The masonry units have three shells and
two "rows" of cores, and the webs are staggered so that there is no
"direct" line of thermal transfer.  The exterior cores are filled with
rigid insulation and the interior cores are reinforced and grouted at
48" o.c. both vertically and horizontally.  The remaining interior cores
are also filled with rigid insulation.

Has anyone seen or used this system before?  How do you justify the fact
that even though the block is reinforced, there are still dry-stacked
units that do not have a physical attachment to the units with
reinforced cores?

I have asked that one company that uses this system send me engineering
information, but since I am unfamiliar with it, I would appreciate any
and all opinions on this system.  Thanks,

Tim

Timothy R. Campbell, P.E.
tcampbell(--nospam--at)chcstructural.com