Re: Damping Ratios

Fellow engineers,

        A few months ago I requested references on the above topic.  At
that time I received replies from Christopher Wright and others.  I also
indicated that when I located other references that would be more
closely related to my needs (wind related dynamics including vortex
shedding) I would post them to the list.

        Such a reference is "ASME STS-1-2000, Steel Stacks".  This
standard provides equations for evaluating damping in a fairly direct
and simple way.  Other references which I found, such as "Wind Effects
on Structures", published by John Wiley and Sons, although very good
were not as direct and easy to use.

        My thanks again to those who replied.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson