Re: Long Beach CA -- March 10, 1933

This period of time was also probably the last time the State Legislature was truly responsive to a pressing need.  They enacted the Field Act controlling seismic design for schools in about 1 month, an incredible achievement!

This started a process of school design and construction oversight, currently directed by the Division of the State Architect, which has produced truly remarkable results in protecting our school kids from seismic hazards.  We should all take a moment to thank our colleagues at DSA for their persistent efforts on behalf of our young people.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Member, Albany Board of Education
Albany CA