From: Nels Roselund, SE [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 3:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Philosophy of School Design - Was: Long Beach CA -- March
10, 1933

I think that the reason for the higher standard of seismic resistant design
for public schools is that children are mandated to be in school.  We have a
higher responsibility for their safety because we give them no legal
option -- they must be there everyday.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA