Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Water and CMU foundations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Water and CMU foundations
- From: "Michael Laplante" <michael.laplante(--nospam--at)cima.ca>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:49:32 -0500
I am looking into a water infiltration problem with a CMU foundation. The foundation ( 8" CMU ) diag crack that follows the mortar jounts. There is evidence of water infiltration and dampness on the surface of the block. The home owner has had an inspection by a company that deals with wet foundations. Their recommendation is to drill weep holes in the block and provide an interior channel to drain the water to a near by sump. Am I correct in assuming that the long term effects of the water infiltration through the block will be detrimental to the integrity of the CMU.
Michael R. Laplante ing
Structure / Bâtiment
- Prev by Subject: RE: Volume to surface ratio
- Next by Subject: Weak Axis Bending of Channels
- Previous by thread: Re: Stone Retaining Wall
- Next by thread: Re: Fire Sprinkler Support