Water and CMU foundations

I am looking into a water infiltration problem with a CMU foundation. The foundation ( 8" CMU ) diag crack that follows the mortar jounts. There is evidence of water infiltration and dampness on the surface of the block. The home owner has had an inspection by a company that deals with wet foundations.  Their recommendation is to drill weep holes in the block and provide an  interior channel to drain the water to a near by sump.  Am I correct in assuming that the long term effects of the water infiltration through the block will be detrimental to the integrity of the CMU.

Michael R. Laplante ing
CIMA +
Structure / Bâtiment
Monteal, Qc