RE: Volume to surface ratio

Sorry Gil, got it, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gil Brock [mailto:gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Volume to surface ratio

Ellen,

For a flat plate it is basically half the thickness of the slab.
Area = D * width
surface = 2 * (width  + D)
V/S =  D * width / (2 * (width  + D)) =  D/2 * width / (width  + D) = D/2
(approx for large W/D ratio)

The shrinkage and creep losses are very dependent on this value if you do
them properly. The higher the V/S (thicker the slab), the lower the
shrinkage and creep and the lower the overall losses.

At 02:57 PM 13/03/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>List,
>
>I have two questions regarding post-tensioning..
>
>1. How will you define volume to surface ratio for a continuous
post-tension
>flat plate?
>2. How this affects the computation for losses?
>

>Ellen

>*
>*
>*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
>*
>*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

Regards  Gil Brock
Prestressed Concrete Design Consultants Pty. Ltd. (ABN 99003351504)
Ph +61 7 3807 8022              Fax +61 7 3807 8422
email:          gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          sales(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
email:          support(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com
webpage:        http://www.raptsoftware.com