Difference between Initial Prestressing

Hi Ellen,

The jacking force is the force placed in the strand before making allowance
for any losses.  Initial Prestressing force is the force in the prestressing
strand after making allowance for losses due to anchorage seating and
immediate elastic shortening, but before accounting for losses due to
shrinkage, creep, and relaxation.

Final prestressing force is the force in the prestressing strand after
accounting for all losses, and should be not less than .5 fpy (135 psi for
270k strand).

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Ellen wrote:

. > Hi,

. > Just an additional question about prestress...

. > I want to know the difference between Initial Prestressing force and
. > Jacking force.

. > What's the difference specifically?

. > Thanks in advance,

. > Ellen