Snowdrifting

When you have several higher roofs, in a stair step fashion, for the load on the lowest roof, should you just consider the snow blowing off of the next higher roof or off of all the higher roofs? In other words, what is the length of the upper roof that should be used? I could possibly see some situations (depending on dimensions) where the snow from the highest roof blows off onto the lowest roof.

Jim K.