Beam unbraced length (was collector elements)

Charlie Carter wrote:
"Lateral torsional buckling is unaffected...unless there is an actual point of direct or torsional bracing. A direct brace is like a kicker angle. A torsional brace is like a pair of stiffeners that extend the restraint of the other flange connected to a slab down to the flange tending to move laterally."

It seems to suggest that if the top flange is connected to a slab, then a pair of full height stiffeners (welded to both flanges and web?)can be considered a braced point in determining the unbraced length of the beam. Am I getting this right and can we extend this to a beam connected to a roof metal deck?

Regards,
Reza Dashti