Snow Exposure Factor, Ce

Recalling from my youth, snow drifts always built up on the windward side of
snow fences, not the lee side.  I guess that if your wind blew always toward
the high part of the building and the low part was always sheltered, you
could use the sheltering factor.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Jim Kestner wrote:

. > When calculating snow drift, should the sheltered Ce factor (per IBC Table
. > 1608.3.1) be used since the higher roof always will provide a sheltering
. > effect?