Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Wood Residential Truss[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Wood Residential Truss
- From: "Schwan, Martin K." <SchwanMK(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
- Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:11:32 -0900
Title: Wood Residential Truss
From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:40 AM
Subject: Wood Residential Truss
Is it normal for a building department to hold-up an issuance of a permit due to not having the design-build truss calcs in hand?I was under the impression, that the building permit would be issued with the deferred submittals required to be furnished prior to installation. I have a client who is very cost conscience and has only had preliminary pricing done from one or two truss places. She doesn't want to get final bids until everything is approved by the bldg dept, and I would imagine that the truss places won't release calcs until officially retained.
Anyway, if someone could educate me, I'd appreciate it.
Santa Clara, CA
Gerard (Jared) Madden, SE & PE
California Licensed Civil & Structural Engineer
Structural Engineering Services
540 Monroe Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood Residential Truss
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood Residential Truss
- Previous by thread: Re: Difference between Initial Prestress
- Next by thread: RE: Wood Residential Truss