From: Mark Baker [mailto:shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 3:52 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Wood Residential Truss

Depends on the jurisdiction in my experience. The County of Ventura for some
time has required the truss submittal be made prior to issuance of permit
and release of drawings. They have recently begun requesting that the
engineer of record wet stamp & sign the truss manufacturers submittal, even
though the package is already wet stamped and signed by the truss design
engineer.

I have a problem with this requirement, they are telling me I can't treat
this like a structural steel shop drawing review and stamp it with our shop
drawing stamp. When pressured on the issue of signing with my engineers seal
and incurring unreasonable liability for the design, their response
is.....we only want you to review to make sure the design is for adequate
stamp is on their package, no court would allow me to say "well, ya...but my
stamp is only for reviewing application of adequate loading".

I'm interested in others thoughts on this.

Regards,

Mark D. Baker