Wood Residential Truss

Title: Wood Residential Truss

Is it normal for a building department to hold-up an issuance of a permit due to not having the design-build truss calcs in hand?I was under the impression, that the building permit would be issued with the deferred submittals required to be furnished prior to installation. I have a client who is very cost conscience and has only had preliminary pricing done from one or two truss places. She doesnt want to get final bids until everything is approved by the bldg dept, and I would imagine that the truss places wont release calcs until officially retained.

Anyway, if someone could educate me, Id appreciate it.

Thanks,

-gerard

Santa Clara, CA

Gerard (Jared) Madden, SE & PE

California Licensed Civil & Structural Engineer

MADDEN ENGINEERING
Structural Engineering Services

540 Monroe Street

Santa Clara, CA 95050