RE: Analysis/Design of Combined Foundations

Andrew:

In addition to the software that was mentioned previously, there is also a software package offered by CRSI that contains a module for the analysis and design of combined footings. A full description is available at http://www.crsi.org/PDF/catalog.pdf or you can call for more information at (847) 517-1200.

PCA has PCA-MATS, which is a general purpose software program for the analysis and design of concrete mat foundations. It can be used for combined footings. A new version has been advertised, but I'm not sure if it's available or not. Visit http://www.pcastructurepoint.com/soft/soft_profile.asp?l_family_id=6 for more info.

Dave Fanella

David A. Fanella, Ph.D., S.E., P.E.
Director of Engineering
S.K. Ghosh Associates, Inc.
1856 Walters Avenue, Suite 200
Northbrook, IL 60062
Ph: 847.291.9864
Fax: 847.291.9865
E-mail: dfanella(--nospam--at)skghoshassociates.com
Web Page: skghoshassociates.com