Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: wind on signs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: wind on signs
- From: Mark Hickey <mhickey(--nospam--at)abcap.com.au>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:09:28 +1000
Title: RE: wind on signs
You should look at research carried out by C.W.Letchford. Has been incorporated into the Australian Standard and (I think) Canadian.
If you can't find the reference, for face aspect ratio of 3:1, the Australian Co-efficients are
-for wind inclined at 45degrees to the sign face Cq = 1.7 for windward half, 1.1 for leeward half.
-for wind perpendicular to the face cq=1.5 (which is close to your code value of 1.4)
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.463 / Virus Database: 262 - Release Date: 3/17/03
- Prev by Subject: RE: wind on signs
- Next by Subject: RE: wind on signs
- Previous by thread: RE: wind on signs
- Next by thread: RE: wind on signs