Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: fire stairways

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Could you possibly be referring to "fire escapes?"  These are the steel 
stairways that are mounted on the exterior walls of buildings, connecting 
windows on each floor until they reach the 2nd floor, where a retractable 
ladder would continue to the ground.

If you are, it is my understanding that these are generally prohibited 
nowadays.  You might find photos of them on the web searching on "fire 
escape" or "tenement".  Yes, I just did a Google search for: 

      "fire escape" +photo

(with the quotes and +).  If you want to find manufacturers of fire escapes, 
just do the Google search for, "fire escape" (with the quotes).


A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Raul Marino wrote:

. > I need that they help me, if somebody knows where to find model or 
. > pictures of fire stairways.

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********