Re: fire stairways

Raul,

Could you possibly be referring to "fire escapes?"  These are the steel
stairways that are mounted on the exterior walls of buildings, connecting
windows on each floor until they reach the 2nd floor, where a retractable
ladder would continue to the ground.

If you are, it is my understanding that these are generally prohibited
nowadays.  You might find photos of them on the web searching on "fire
escape" or "tenement".  Yes, I just did a Google search for:

      "fire escape" +photo

(with the quotes and +).  If you want to find manufacturers of fire escapes,
just do the Google search for, "fire escape" (with the quotes).

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Raul Marino wrote:

. > I need that they help me, if somebody knows where to find model or
. > pictures of fire stairways.