RE: Beam unbraced length

Gunnar,

Have you considered installing horizontal king-, queen- or
hermaphroditic-post rods at the level of the top flange?  The post locations
can also be diagonally braced to the bottom flange of the beam.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Gunnar Isleifsson wrote:

. > I'll check my Galambos when I get to the office, but I have the impression
. > I'll have to find another way to make my miniscule, client-prescribed,
. > architect-influenced steel profile to pass the stability criteria.