Federal Gov't Building Design

Title: Federal Gov't Building Design

List-

What exactly are the seismic standards for buildings designed to be owned or leased by the federal government?  The local building code is IBC 2000, which, from what I understand, adopted the seismic provisions from the NEHRP "Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations" 1997.  I noticed that there is a 2000 version of NEHRP "Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations".  Does this mean that a new building should be designed for seismic provisions greater than IBC 2000?  Does anyone know where I get info on the differences between the 1997 and the 2000 versions.  The RFP for which we are designing mentions NISTIR 5382 Standards of Seismic Safety for Existing Federally Owned and Leaser Buildings.  After a review of this document, I don't see anything that changes the design procedure or detailing which would be done for IBC 2000.  Has anyone read this document and found otherwise?

Brian Stanley, P.E.