RE: Beam unbraced length

The "beams" are actually 23 ft. long, 4 in. deep and 3 in. wide, I-formed, inclined window-posts, supporting up to 13 ft. long and 7 ft. wide glass panes. The individual glass panes are supported at the bottom side on horizontal T-formed sections, that also act as bracing for the posts. The bracing can only be connected to the outer flange, since blinds (sun-screens?) shall run in between the flanges (new problem). The posts are fixed at the bottom and have a vertical gliding connection at the top to the roof beams, so as not to transfer any compressive loads from the roof into the posts. It is imperative that the posts and bracing be as small as possible to minimize blind spots. My problem is the 13 ft. long laterally unbraced span. I can make a fixed connection between the posts and the bracing, but the bracing has a very limited flexural stiffness. If you have a Flash plug-in in your browser you can see some computer-generated pictures of the structure at the architects website http://www.vlark.dk . The website is in Danish, but, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Gunnar H. Isleifsson
Denmark