Site storage of joists

I have a client who is considering the possibility of storing fabricated
structural steel, steel deck, and steel joists on-site for up to one year
due to construction delays.  The steel is specified as not primed.  The deck
is specified as painted.  The joists are specified as primed.

Does anyone know of published guidelines for on-site storage of these
products for as long as one year?

I know that SDI recommends deck be stored off the ground, with one end
elevated for drainage, and protected by a waterproof, ventilated covering.
I imagine this would be adequate for up to a year if it is frequently
checked and kept clear of snow, etc.

I haven't found any similar recommendations in the AISC or SJI code of
standard practice or specifications.

I need to make recommendations to the client so he can decide whether to
take delivery or seek alternatives.  Any help would be appreciated.