Re: carbon fibre

You can take a look at ACI 440R-96 (State of the Art Report on Fiber
Reinforced Plastic Reinforcement for Concrete Structures) or 440.2R-02
(Design and Construction of externally bonded FRP Systems for
Strengthening Concrete Structures).  While I would despute the concept of
something from 1996 as being "state of the art" any more, it should give
you something to start with.  Both are available from ACI
(www.concrete.org).

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI