RE: Stainless steel and galv steel in contact

David,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought so - actually this application is a little unusual it is a 5/8" dia galv bolt, and an oversized hole 3/4"
dia) )in a galv plate and the contractor had placed a annular piece of SS (like a small tube) around the circumference
of the bolt and the inside of the hole in the galv plate. The SS is a 3/4" outer annular x 3/8" (matching the galv plate
thickness).

We suggested that stainless steel should not be used.

Mark Geoghegan
Honolulu, HAWAII