Re: carbon fibre

While there are others,

FRP strengthened RC STRUCTURES by JG Teng, JF Chen, ST Smith & L. Lam,
John Wiley & Sons Publisher, 2003.  - Provides all that you'll need with
regards to
strenghtening RC beams with carbon fibers in addition to ACI 440R- 96,
SIKA,
Master Builders and TYFE.

In addition contact Dr. Gil Hegemier or Dr. Frieder Seible, PE at US San
Diego for the
latest research data regarding this issue.  Carbon fiber contractors such
Tyfe, Sika,
Master Builders work with the research done at various universities
across the US.

Hope this helps.

Desi J. Kiss, MS, PE
DJK ENGINEERING
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
http://djkeng.tripod.com

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:10:00 -0500 (EST) Scott Maxwell
<smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu> writes:
> You can take a look at ACI 440R-96 (State of the Art Report on Fiber
> Reinforced Plastic Reinforcement for Concrete Structures) or
> 440.2R-02
> (Design and Construction of externally bonded FRP Systems for
> Strengthening Concrete Structures).  While I would despute the
> concept of
> something from 1996 as being "state of the art" any more, it should
> give
> you something to start with.  Both are available from ACI
> (www.concrete.org).
>
> HTH,
>
> Scott
> Ypsilanti, MI
>

> On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, TYH CONSULTING ENGINEERS wrote:
>

> >  Does anyone knows about R.C. Beam strengthening by using carbon
> fibre?
> >
> > Is there any design manual and guideline for that ?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Tay

> *
> *