Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: carbon fibre[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: carbon fibre
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 20:28:21 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2003 10:40:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, djkiss55(--nospam--at)juno.com writes:
FRP strengthened RC STRUCTURES by JG Teng, JF Chen, ST Smith & L. Lam,
John Wiley & Sons Publisher, 2003.
How does this book differ from the information available from the various manufacturers? The manufacturers have basically sponsored all the research, i.e. Masterbuilders (MBrace) has sponsored the research at the University of Missouri-Rolla (Nanni), Fyfe has sponsored the research the research at UC San Diego (Seible).
Then of course, there is that all time favorite, the FHWA "Scanning Tour" where FHWA and DOT personnel go to Europe to do "research". They have to take someone along to write the report that justifies the trip (in this case Seible), also to tell them what they are looking at.
Your Federal Gas Tax Dollars at work. FHWA wants the Federal Gas Tax to be increased but Congress figures it would be a politcally bad move at the moment, given that gasoline prices are at an all-time high.
- Prev by Subject: Re: carbon fibre
- Next by Subject: RE: Cast-in-place Box Culvert Analysis a
- Previous by thread: Re: carbon fibre
- Next by thread: FEMA m-value