Re: ACI 439.4

Gail:

For all reinforcement questions, I would contact Tony Felder who is the Technical Director at CRSI. His number is (847) 517-1200 and his e-mail address is afelder(--nospam--at)crsi.org.

Dave Fanella

---- seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org wrote:
> Does anyone have  ACI 439.4-89 Steel Reinforcement and Availability in the US?
>
> It is not in the current ACI Manual of Concrete Practice, but might be in the
> ones from the early 90s.  I am particularly interested in what it says about
> Prestressing Wire (ASTM A 421)  and ASTM ·Rail-Steel and Axle-Steel Deformed
> Bars for Concrete Reinforcement" (ASTM A 996).
>
> Does anyone know if ASTM A 996 steel is still produced in this country? Is
> available from other sources?  Why would someone want to use it?
>
> Thanks,  Gail Kelley

David A. Fanella, Ph.D., S.E., P.E.
Director of Engineering
S.K. Ghosh Associates, Inc.
1856 Walters Avenue, Suite 200
Northbrook, IL 60062
Ph: 847.291.9864
Fax: 847.291.9865
E-mail: dfanella(--nospam--at)skghoshassociates.com
Web Page: skghoshassociates.com