RE: Slab on Grade

Can he show you where he has successfully done a pour of that size?
I would still be concerned about shrinkage.  Getting the control joints in
on time would be even more important than on a smaller pour.  Even if I
trusted him to get the joints in on time, I would still be concerned about
the size of the joint pattern he is suggesting.  The slab ought to be about
7" thick to have a joint pattern like that, is it.  I often stretch ACI
guidelines depending on the job situation; but on a pour of that size, I
would want to stretch them the conservative way if I were to vary from
their guidelines.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.