Re: Off topic - Inc. or not to Inc.

I am opening my own office this coming Monday, goodbye boss. Anyway I went LLC just because I could use a name, Structural Engineering Resources, LLC. I did not want to use my name.  Just like was noted, a one man shop is not protected, and so what if you mixup your expenses, all the money goes to you.
I think it adds a level professionalism and less of the "doing it from your kitchen table" effect. I did have a lawyer help me but most states are like PA and allow you to set it up yourself with little fee, $100 in PA.

Jeff Fertich,PE
Gettysburg, PA