Re: building permits

"Gerard Madden, SE" wrote:

> The building departments, plan checks, and the other hoops we jump
> through aren't the perfect system by any means. But I'd rather have them
> than have the system say like in Texas for example where its every gun
> slinger for themselves (a PE stamp is like being a US Marshall, I AM THE
> LAW !!!)

Smile when you say that pardner! :)

As one of those Texas gunslingers, I have found that the major difference is
that the building departments around here are not at the same level as the
ones out there. Get one of the ICBO newsletters and look at the
qualification differences in the job ads.

--
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA