From: Carter, Charlie [mailto:carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org]
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2003 3:29 PM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Heating beam to straighten

>Need advise or references on heating beams to
>straighten flange (etc.) and then the possible
>use of water to quench/cool?

One recent reference in the AISC Engineering Journal is:

    "What You Should Know About Heat Straightening Repair
    of Damaged Steel" by Avent and Mukai, AISC Engineering
    Journal, First Quarter 2001

It is available on the AISC web site for free to members here:

http://www.aisc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Browse_by_Category&Template=/Ec
omme
rce/ProductDisplay.cfm&ProductID=1115

Charlie