RE: wood deck/pedestrian bridge

Andrew:

I worked my way through a similar project a few years ago. Here too
(Ontario) there seems to be no Code that clearly has jurisdiction over
non-highway bridges.

If a vehicle can, or could, get onto the bridge you should check out the
wheel load effects, which can be a challenge for wood members. In my case
the bridge was wider, so I used the Ontario Bridge Code maintenance vehicle
load for wheel and axle loads, the Building Code live load (100 lb/ft² for
assembly areas) for overall design, and the Building Code handrail loads.

There was a SEAINT thread in June 2001 "Golf Course Bridge" that also
referred to AASHTO for pedestrian bridges.

Peter James