Re: Timber shear values

j.grill(--nospam--at)attbi.com wrote:

My boss just came to me with his new copy of the 2001 NDS. He pointed to DF shear values (190 psi?). It seems I have heard that the values have increased, but this is the first I have seen it. Do any of you have some history or a reference for commentary on the subject that we could read.
The American Wood Council has some information on the new values for shear design at:

http://www.awc.org/technical/Shr-dv.html

These appear to be increases in the ASD values.