Re: ASME Code and lifting lugs

ken,
there is an article in the Chemical Enginering, June 1996, pp. 120-122 which may help you. this
paper is not based on the ASME Code but it is based on the stress and strain parameters. If you are
interested a copy please let me know I will fax to you.
Himat

>>> kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net 3/26/2003 3:11:48 PM >>>
I need to design some lifting lugs for a vessel and the drawings say that the lifting lug design
must be in accordance with ASME Code Section VIII Division 1.  I do not have this code, but will be
ordering it if I find that it would be worthwhile and can afford it.  In the meantime, if this is
not too many pages, would one of you be willing to fax me this section?  In order to avoid getting
multiple faxes, I will send another post to the list once I receive a copy.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
1584 Weaversville Road