Radiant Floors

Can anyone recommend a good website where I could learn about radiant floors? I have a project coming up that will use this and I’d like to familiarize myself with how it impacts the structure. I know they are common for slabs on-grade, but my client wants wood framed floors with topping radiant slab over the sheathing – this seemed odd to me but he tells me it’s common.

This is for a 3 story townhouse structure. I would take it that specifying the proper thickness, moisture barriers, and concrete mix are important.

Anyway, if there’s a place on the web I could learn about it, I’d appreciate the address.

Tia,

-gerard

Santa Clara, CA

Gerard Madden, SE, PE

California Licensed Structural and Civil Engineer

Madden Engineering

540 Monroe Street

Santa Clara, CA 95050

T: 408.564.5515