Re: Radiant Floors

try REHAU plumbing and heating systems

From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Radiant Floors
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:21:47 -0800

Can anyone recommend a good website where I could learn about radiant
floors? I have a project coming up that will use this and I'd like to
familiarize myself with how it impacts the structure. I know they are
common for slabs on-grade, but my client wants wood framed floors with
topping radiant slab over the sheathing - this seemed odd to me but he
tells me it's common.
This is for a 3 story townhouse structure. I would take it that
specifying the proper thickness, moisture barriers, and concrete mix are
important.

Anyway, if there's a place on the web I could learn about it, I'd
appreciate the address.

Tia,
-gerard
Santa Clara, CA

Gerard Madden, SE, PE
California Licensed Structural and Civil Engineer

Madden Engineering
540 Monroe Street
Santa Clara, CA 95050
T: 408.564.5515
F: 408.564.5530
E:  <mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com> gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com
W:  <http://www.maddengine.com> www.maddengine.com