From: Kestner, James W. [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 7:46 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Concrete and rebar strength

I am adding loads to a building built in 1930. Amazingly, we have found the
existing drawings and specs!

There is no compressive strength specified for the concrete. However, it
specifies a concrete with 1 part cement, 2 parts sand and 4 parts aggregate.
Can I tell from this info., what the 28 day compressive strength may be?

Also, the rebar is Federal spec. 350A, type B, any grade or class except
structural grade. Can I tell from this info. what the particular yield
strength is?

Jim K.