RE: Concrete and rebar strength

James,

We recently went through a somewhat similar situation for a 60+ year old structure, BUT this structure had a 3,000 psi
specified compressive strength, but core testing gave us consistent 5,000 + psi compressive strength.

With respect to rebar, the CRSI does have a published document that costs $10 or $15 on info on older reinforcing steel
but I recently discovered a FREE PDF publication that is just about the same as the one you have to pay for. It is
entitled "Evaluation of Reinforcing Steel in Old Reinforced Concrete Structures". See the link:
http://www.crsi.org/PDF/edr_48.pdf for a free copy.

There is also some info in some of the FEMA documents too.

We actually elected to remove rebar samples and test them to the current ASTM - it was 1" square deformed rebar.

I have heard of A305 designation (1947 to 1968) but not A350. Maybe worth sampling some rebar if the new loads to be
added justifies it.

HTH

Mark Geoghegan
Honolulu, HAWAII