Handrail diameter

There was a recent thread regarding handrail diameter requirements.  I can't find the thread now... does anybody remember it?  I believe that the response included a note that the ADA defines the 1 1/2" max size to be a nominal size... 1.9" O.D. is ok.  Is that correct?

Bruce D. Holcomb, PE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505
Springfield, MO 65806-2217