RE: Handrail diameter

It is correct.  You can get it in writing from the Architectural and
Transportation Barriers Compliance Board by calling 202-272-5434.  At least
that was the number I called in 1996 to get a faxed reply .  If that number
doesn't work you might try www.access-board.gov

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.