From: Bruce Holcomb [mailto:bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:32 PM
To: Seaint (E-mail)
Subject: Handrail diameter

There was a recent thread regarding handrail diameter requirements.  I can't
find the thread now... does anybody remember it?  I believe that the
response included a note that the ADA defines the 1 1/2" max size to be a
nominal size... 1.9" O.D. is ok.  Is that correct?

Bruce D. Holcomb, PE
Butler, Rosenbury & Partners
300 S. Jefferson, Suite 505
Springfield, MO 65806-2217