Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Passive soil pressure in granular soils[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Passive soil pressure in granular soils
- From: "Clint Strain" <cstrain(--nospam--at)amacominc.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:57:37 -0600
I am working on a project in the Spokane, WA area. The soils report indicates the material at the base of the footing is silty gravel with sand, medium to coarse grained, N=25, ASTM D2487=GM, no water. I need to do some preliminary design on the footing this weekend. What would be a conservative value to use for passive pressure coefficient (Kp) and for soil-to-concrete friction? Thanks in advance for your help.
Structural Engineering Services, P.A.
Clint Strain, P.E.
1017 S. Tennessee
Chanute, KS 66720
Tel: (620) 431-7699
Fax: (620) 431-3217
- Prev by Subject: Partition on Slab
- Next by Subject: Re: Passive soil pressure in granular soils
- Previous by thread: RE: Missing Errata. CBC 2001 effective N
- Next by thread: Re: Passive soil pressure in granular soils