  • To: cperrine2(--nospam--at)austin.rr.com, Ibiltem(--nospam--at)aol.com, GW3727(--nospam--at)IINC.COM, RECJNC(--nospam--at)EARTHLINK.NET, freshbacon1(--nospam--at)email.msn.com, LEADBURN(--nospam--at)aol.com, BARCAT5(--nospam--at)aol.com, jjmcbeth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com, Boeing17TG(--nospam--at)aol.com, JohnOttCE(--nospam--at)aol.com, marcwendy(--nospam--at)adelphia.net, paul_lach(--nospam--at)yahoo.com, rrlachap(--nospam--at)zoo.uvm.edu, LARPER(--nospam--at)MINERVA.COM, Montpt(--nospam--at)aol.com, KWIKTAKE(--nospam--at)EARTHLINK.NET, MIRIZ(--nospam--at)MSN.COM, RBRanch4(--nospam--at)aol.com, Revs180(--nospam--at)aol.com
  • Subject: Rush Lim
  • From: CONRAD27(--nospam--at)aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:05:46 EST
  • Full-name: CONRAD27

Whether you like Rush Limbaugh or not, this is worth reading!

By Rush Limbaugh

I think the vast differences in compensation between the victims of the
September 11th casualty, and those who die serving the country in uniform,
are profound. No one is really talking about it either because you just
don't criticize anything having to do with September 11th.

Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really
disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country.

If you lost a family member in the September 11th attack, you're going to
get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000,
all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in
action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of
which is taxable. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the
surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a
payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18,
those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people that are getting an average of $1.185
million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma
City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the
September 11th families are getting. In addition to that, some of the
families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as
well.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Folks, this is part and parcel of over fifty years of entitlement politics
in this country. It's just really sad.

Every time when a pay raise comes up for the military they usually receive
next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle
East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low
rent housing.

However our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many of you
don't know that they only have to be in Congress one-time to receive a
pension that is more than $15,000 per month and most are now equal to be
millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social Security on retirement
because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military
people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7 you may receive a pension
of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed you in harms way receive
a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks
before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and
daughters who are now fighting.

"When do we finally do something about this ??"

If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many
people as you can.

--- End Message ---