Torsional analysis of Thin Walled Irregular Open Sections

Gary Hodgson wrote:

"I have been using Appendix G of British Standard BS
8118 to calculate the warping constant Cw (British
H).

The example problem gives an answer which differs from
mine.  All my numbers in the spreadsheet come
out the same as the example, until the last line
-calculation of H (or Cw).  When I check it against
the formula in the text, my answers still differ.  I
believe the answer in the example is closer to the
correct one than that from the text equation, e.g.,
the example does not use e^2 from the equation."

Gary,
refer to Galambos' "Guide to Stability Design
Criteria", 5th edition, pages 203 to 205.

Let us know how it compares.

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota