Re: Robertson Metal Roof Deck

Dave,

I have a 1965 H. H. Robertson brochure for acoustical decks, fluted ceilings,
vertical ribs perforated.  For 20 Ga, 1.5", Sec. #3:

Span     Single      2 spans     3 + spans

6'-6"    63 psf      83 psf      102 psf
7'-0"    52          72           89
8'-0"    38          55           66
8'-6"    33          49           56

Section Properties:  (Reduce above and below 10% for vertical webs
perforated.)

wt    2.3 psf
depth 1.53"
I     0.23 in^4/ft
S     0.26 in^3/ft

If your's is not acoustical deck, let me know and I will try to find
something for that.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Dave Nuttall wrote:

. > Does anybody have information regarding 1.5" sec. #3,  20 gauge steel roof
. > deck?

. > I am analyzing a 1970 building using this metal deck.

. > The joist spacing varies from 6'-9" o.c. to 8'-3" o.c.

. > Can somebody tell me what the 2-span & 3-span load rating is for this deck
. > given these spans?

. > Thank you for your help.

. > Dave Nuttall, P.E.
. > Green Bay, WI